Repair, Modification, and Service
We charge just $60 an hour because we have a full-time passion that is paid for by our regular full-time job.
that beats paying someone with less experience the going rate of $80-100 for this type of specialized work.
There are probably less than a couple hundred people in the entire country who do this type of work.
I know less than a dozen of them myself. Compare that to hundreds of thousands of auto mechanics, and I bet you can't
find one anywhere who works for less than $90 an hour. An electrician (how hard is it to wire a light switch?) charges $125 an hour!!
please contact us by email in advance for ANY type of service work to be done on your equipment.
We will answer your questions and give you a quote in advance
Note: Our estimate fee is
$50 for each item. The estimate fee is applied to the final service quote.
Our flat labor rate is $60/hour plus parts and tubes.
Customer pays for shipping both ways.
Your gear will be service/restored and
back on its way to you typically in 15 days or less.
Please read the following for more
information . . . .
(1) We must obtain a $50 initial deposit
before you ship us the equipment.
You can use your credit card, or send a personal check or money order.
(2) We accept Discover Card, Master Card or VISA thru www.PayPal.com
(3) After your job is completed, you will be contacted by email
and/or telephone with the final amount of invoice.
At that time, we will request payment for the balance.
(4) You will be responsible for shipping and packing charges BOTH WAYS.
All equipment sent to us for service must be shipped as follows:
(2) All equipment must be DOUBLE-BOXED with at least 1 inch
of cushion or foam between the inside box and the outside box, for each 25# of weight.
(if your amp weighs 35#, that's 1.5" all around each side,
top, and bottom.
(3) Tubes must be removed from amplifiers and packed with the equipment
wrapped in foam or bubble pack
(4) Please use "Fragile" or "Handle with Care" stickers
on the box.
(5) You are responsible for providing insurance of the shipment
for maximum value of your equipment.
(6) Use FedEx Ground (usually 25% less than UPS) or UPS Ground for shipment of anything weighing over 15#.
It is OK to use the Post Office on lighter items (under 15#).
Do NOT send us any equipment unless you talk to us 1st !!.
Typical turn-around time is 2-3 weeks, unless we have to wait for special parts.